As we enter into Memorial Day weekend, there are sure to be many boats out on Lake Burton, Lake Rabun, and Seed Lake. We hope that everyone observes these basic rules:
- Operate your boat on the right side of the lake as if you were on a road.
- Do not operate any watercraft after dark without navigation lights.
- No Skiing, Tubing, Wakeboard or operating PWC’s after sunset. It is the law!
- Please be respectful of boat church this weekend, and each weekend until Labor Day. Watch your speed and wake while boat church is in session.
- All boats should have a Coast Guard Approved Life Jacket for each person on board. Children 12 years of age and under must wear a Coast Guard Approved Life Jacket while the boat is underway. (Swimmies for the little ones do not count unless it has a tag that says “Coast Guard Approved “)
- A valid operable fire extinguisher should be on board every boat.
- Wake boats, Surfboats, and Ski boats: Empty ballast tanks when not towing riders.
- Be mindful of large wakes and the impact on other boaters as well as docks, boathouses, and shoreline.
- Remember the Golden Rule!
Please see the following links for additional information.
Boating Rules & Regulations